'Bird of Paradise' - Caribbean Dream Retreat
11th-17th FEBRUARY 2019
"Reset body, mind and soul for a
healthy and abundant start to the year."
- Carina and Sophie
We are delighted to announce that this February, they will be offering a blissful week-long retreat in the Caribbean to shake off any winter blues.
★ Dive deep into a practice to restore, rest and cleanse for the coming year. ★
★ Take walks on the most pristine, white long stretches of sandy Caribbean beaches and explore secret coves and a waterfall on a horseback. ★
★ Get close to the giants of the sea on a boat trip to watch the humpback whales as it is their season to come into the bay.★
This retreat is about returning to simplicity, to movement and celebrating life. Wake up every morning in your private bungalow, nestled in the hills of the Dominican Republic with the most stunning view over the Caribbean ocean. Practice daily yoga, Pranayama (breathwork) and meditation on the stunning deck overlooking the ocean, sample local delights and dive into the turquoise ocean just minutes away from our home for the week. This retreat is for the explorers, adventurers and those looking to find some stillness in one of the most beautiful locations in the world. For more information and to book please click here.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW...
You will be staying in one of the thirteen private bungalows facing the ocean, with breathtaking views on the Samaná peninsula which is located in the hills, 3 hours away by car from the capital Santo Domingo.We have the whole place to ourselves for a the ultimate exclusively tranquil getaway.
The Samaná Ocean View Eco-Lodge is located on top of a hill near the village of La Guázama and the idyllic fishing town Las Galeras on the Samaná peninsula. This spot is widely recognized as the most beautiful region of the Dominican Republic, primarily due to the thousands of coconut trees and the many pristine beaches.
The closest airports are the “El Catey International Airport” of Samaná (about 1 hour drive) and the “International Airport Las Americas” of Santo Domingo (about 2.5 hour drive). Rental Cars or transfers from either airport to the Eco-Lodge can be arranged for you.
- 6 nights accommodation in a private sea view bungalow
- 2 hour morning yoga daily
- Daily evening class or workshop
- 1 hour welcome massage
- All meals; Fresh, local and homemade (can cater for vegetarian, but also fresh fish is served)
- Daily fresh fruit juices
- Wellness consultation
- Airport transfer (collective pick up)
- All trips and excursions on the island
Private Bungalow: €1.130, / $1.390
- The Waterfall Hike and Horseback ride. This spectacular waterfall named “Salto El Limon” drops 150 feet into a natural, beautiful pool filled with fresh, crystal clear water. You can reach the top of the waterfall on horseback, then hike downwards through tropical jungle until you reach the bottom of this roaring cascade, where you can enjoy a refreshing swim in the big natural pool.
- Whale watching! January is the month where the gentle giants of the sea, the humpback whales come into the bay. You will be able to see them play from the resort, but we will get close up and watch the whales on a unique boat trip. A once in a lifetime experience!
- Explore the undiscovered treasures of the Samaná peninsula. On our full-day hike we will visit Boca del Diablo, Playa Frontón and the rural area around Las Galeras. Starting with a boat in Las Galeras we will arrive Playa Fronton where we will enjoy the beach while drinking fresh coconut water. From there we walk along the unspoiled coastline and luscious, rich land.
"If you'll like to find PARADISE, this is the place to go. Beautiful secluded resort. A Gem in this, beautiful Caribbean location Samaná, Dominican Republic. The privacy of the place will amaze you. The scenery, pool, landscape, cleanliness, staff and well-kept grounds will make you want to go back again and again." - Alba
"This is a spectacular, small and private resort where you can relax, unwind and totally escape in the natural beauty of your surroundings. The accommodations, pool, food, staff, panoramic scenic views and owner are ALL top notch. I attended an AMAZING one week Yoga retreat there and it was the vacation of a lifetime!!!! In between our peaceful yoga sessions overlooking the mountains AND ocean we also visited beautiful beaches, rode horses to swim in a breath taking waterfall and hiked vigorously through the jungle/mountains as well. Truly a wonderful experience and great value, worth every penny and more! Can't wait to do it again!!" - Suzanne
"I just got back from a wonderful yoga retreat and I can't wait to go back. The place is beautiful, food is delicious and the owner is super friendly and attentive. Truly had a marvelous time there." - Ma